Los Angeles, CA | Internship
SubKulture Entertainment is a Los Angeles-based production company with an emphasis on the Korean entertainment industry. Our management team is comprised of highly experienced personnel in the field of K-pop concert promotion, as well as TV/Film production. With the extensive experience and understanding of the industry we have gained over the years, SubKulture Entertainment aims to bridge the entertainment industry in Korea to its international fanbase, facilitating projects as the premier production company in North America.
We are looking for a community-minded, creative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate has up-to-date knowledge of current trends in effective marketing, social media, and online communication. He/she should be passionate about the Korean entertainment industry and have a keen eye for detail and online branding.
This internship will involve creating content strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic, and cultivating a global, online identity. The intern will work in collaboration with our marketing team on a variety of tasks, including social media graphics, websites, events, exhibitions, corporate identity, etc. to provide our audience with an immersive brand experience.
- Bilingual Korean/English skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred (current college students are also welcome to apply)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer competency
- Proficiency with MS Word, Google Drive, and Excel
- Self-motivated, efficient, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small, and able to balance multiple priorities at once
- High energy, excellent interpersonal skills, and exceptional attention to detail
- Must have reliable transportation to and from our office in Los Angeles
- Must have your own laptop
- Motivated, hardworking, and interested in start-up culture
- Social Media/PR/Marketing internship experience in a professional environment
- Filming/photographing skills
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
- Assist in building, streamlining, and managing branded social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.), which includes writing and curating content for all channels and ensuring uniform content/tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities
- Monitor and analyze social media trends in blogs, social networking sites, and new technology
- Translate copy from Korean to English, and vice versa, for social media content, press releases, written content, etc
- Perform keyword research, and analyze and generate social media and campaign traffic reports
- Assist in coordinating and contributing to marketing meetings with internal social media team to establish content ideas, brainstorm strategies, conceptualize campaigns, and plan for a social media/editorial and marketing calendar
- Assist with data entry, audience trends on social media, and the research, development, and management of database creation involving media, clients, competitors, and target markets
- Research and identify key influencers, bloggers, and media publications for the purpose of building strong relationships and relevant partnerships
- Assist with project management of events, concerts, photoshoots, production, etc
- Draft basic public relations material including press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, meeting summaries, status reports, and other materials as directed
- Assist with administrative duties including sorting, collating, mailing, and other functions, which may pertain to other departments (e.g, Operations, Production, etc) as assigned
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
Cover Letter (PDF)
If you’re interested in joining our team, please email the required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2018 Marketing Internship.
SubKulture Entertainment is a fast-growing company in a rapid-paced industry. As our brand expands, we seek to grow with our employees, taking a personalized approach to developing each team member into industry leaders through unique experiences, real-world challenges, and endless opportunities. We pride ourselves on hard work, creative freedom, and authenticity. Fostering a close-knit environment, we cultivate a collaborative, open company culture that simply inspires people to be a part of our journey. Come create, play, learn, and grow with us!